The Bali Camel Safari takes you on one of the most unique beach tours on the island. You’ll enjoy the quiet and pristine white sand beach and open sea views of the Sawangan coast in southern Nusa Dua, all while riding camel back and at a very steady pace. You can enjoy the ride as a couple or with a group, which lets you form your own caravan for some memorable Sahara Desert-like photos. The tour basecamp of the Bali Camel Safari is located right on the beachfront next to the Grand Nikko Bali, from which you can also book as part of their guest activities (although you can also book directly as the safari is provided by a third-party operator). A half-hour ride is at IDR 330,000 (USD 25) for adults and IDR 250,000 (USD 19) for kids; while an hour’s ride is USD 40 for adults and USD 25 for kids. The camels and the coast of Sawangan is also a favourite backdrop for pre-wedding shoots.
The camels, fondly named Radja, Sahara and Sudan, are single-humped camels from Down Under. There are four different riding time slots to choose from, in the morning and later in the afternoon. Trained guides accompany your beach tour, with the camel’s reigns in hand throughout your journey. They will also happily assist you with picture takings at any specific point or ocean backdrop you find best.
Bali Camel Safari riding tips:
- Protect yourself from the sun! Wear adequate sunscreen, hat and sunglasses.
- Morning rides are cooler, however afternoon rides give you the bluest sky and ocean backdrops for pics.
- Keep hydrated – bring a bottle of water.
- Tours include insurance coverage.
- Combined packages available, with lunch and water sports.
- Bring your camera.
Bali Camel Safari Information :
- Opening Hours : 09:00, 10:30, 14:00, and 15:30
- Location : Grand Nikko Bali Resort & Spa, Sawangan, Nusa Dua
- Phone : +62 (0)361 776 755; +62 (0)813 3777 7979